Hook Sharpening

Ensuring that your hooks are nice and sharp can make the difference between landing and losing a fish. I feel this is especially important when using circle hooks since these hooks are designed to wrap around the corner of a fishes mouth and hook the fish under light pressure. That's why I'd like to show how I sharpen my hooks that may have become dull due to extended use or snagging. I have two hook sharpeners, both of the same style, one made my Rapala and one by Field & Stream. Here's a picture of both of them.
Hook Sharpeners
Rather than try to explain in words I made a short video on how to use these sharpeners. The main rule to follow is to run the hook point parallel to the grooves in a direction such that the grain is moving towards the hook point. The hook I used in the video was an 8/0 Gamakatsu octopus circle.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel